PracaSil™-Plus - The Easy Choice for Skin Clearing
PracaSil™-Plus is a great, natural choice for treatment for all types of scars and skin conditions.
Uptown Pharmacy is one of a few exclusive pharmacies that carries this unique topical
anhydrous silicone base. PracaSil™-Plus can dramatically improve the appearance of old
scars, new scars, surgical scars, stretch marks, burn scars, acne scars, or any skin
condition that would need barrier protection (like diaper rash). It is available without a
prescription. It can also be combined with active pharmaceutical ingredients to compound a
custom formula with your doctor’s prescription.
PracaSil™-Plus contains Pracaxi Oil, which comes from the pracaxi tree, found in the Amazon rainforest. Pracaxi Oil is rich in beneficial fatty acids and has historically been used for a variety of medicinal and cosmetic purposes. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
In a recent study, 74.3% of PracaSil™-Plus users showed improvement in scar pigment intensity and 100% of subject volunteers showed an improvement in scar texture and smoothness. Several case studies have reported the effectiveness of PracaSil™-Plus. In one study, applying this wonder-base twice daily in combination with a sterile bacitracin ointment helped progress the clearing of an infant’s facial second degree burn significantly. In another, a 40-year-old athlete was instructed to use PracaSil™-Plus combined with mupirocin (an anti- bacterial cream), to an area of injury that resulted in major scraping of multiple layers of the skin. After only 11 days of application, the skin was shown to heal completely.
Here at Uptown Pharmacy we offer several unique and personalized services, such as compounding and exemplary customer care. We take pride in our products, and spend time researching the best available ingredients. Stop by today to speak with one of our knowledgeable pharmacists about how PracaSil™-Plus can help clear your skin for a softer, smoother feel.
Nothing herein constitutes medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or is a substitute for professional advice. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other medical professional if you have questions or concerns about a medical condition.
1. Brinkley, Mark. Case Study: Facial Burn & Diaper Rash (2013): 1. 28 Aug. 2013. Web. 18 Dec. 2014.
2. Mustoe, T. (2008) ‘Evolution of silicone therapy and mechanism of action in scar management’, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 32 (1), p.82-92.
3. PCCA. Case Study: Athletic Injury Treatment: 1. PCCA Rx, 4 Nov. 2013. Web. 18 Dec. 2014.
4. PCCA (2013b) ‘Efficacy of PracaSil-Plus in scar therapy treatment: a randomized, double-blind, controlled pilot trial’, Technical Report:2TR0513.
5. PCCA (2013a) PracaSil-Plus. Available at: http://www.pccarx.com/pcca-products/pcca-exclusives/bases/PracaSil-Plus (Accessed: 27 Dec 2014).
6. Widgerow, et al. New innovations in scar management. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 24 (3). 2000: 227-234.